With so many Optical stores offering adult eye tests on the Sunshine Coast, why would you choose Eye CU Optometrist for your eye test? Here are a few great reasons to come to us for your next eye examination…
1. We practice holistically- You are not just a number, or a prescription spat out of a machine. As Behavioural Optometrists, we are dedicated to discovering how you can best use your vision, whether you’re 21 or 101 years of age. We recognise that every person is different, so we take care of our patients holistically and individually.
2. We take time with you and figure out the BEST glasses, eye exercises or contact lenses for your specific needs- We done just churn out a set of numbers, but take the time to discuss with you EXACTLY how you use your eyes, and how we can design the perfect lenses for your specific needs. We have designed special lenses for office workers, surgeons, truck drivers, bike riders, students, electronic technicians, designers and a whole more. Your profession probably has specific visual requirements, so if you are not happy with previous glasses (or even if you were, but are not now), you need to talk to us about how we can best set up your vision environment.
3. Darin has the latest gear- Including digital retinal imaging, specialized macular degeneration testing, glaucoma and visual field tests. Most of these tests are BULK BILLED, so you don’t have to pay more to get the best!
4. Darin has 30 years experience- But he also keeps up with the latest advances in Optics and Behavioural Optometry
5. We have the latest and best frame and lens designs at sensational prices- We source our frames so that the price is right and the quality is excellent. We also source our lens designs, especially multifocals, and Darin NEVER prescribes multifocals that he has not worn and tested himself.
6. We BULK BILL, even if you have been somewhere else before!- Where most Optometrists charge you if you have been tested elsewhere in the previous 2 years, we never do. We BULK BILL every test we can, and actually take a loss at times to bring you the best of adult eye testis at no cost to you!
7. We’re fun!- With a young, friendly staff (Brooke and Bec), a cheery office and Darin as leader who runs charities like Lily House and overseas orphanages. We are not the money hungry type, but love to serve everyone including the disadvantaged.
Why Should an Adult Have an Eye Test?
Having 2 yearly eye examinations is important for clear vision and healthy eyes. If you are a contact lens wearer or have diabetes your major eye examinations should occur yearly. Medicare allows you an eye test every 2 years, or less in certain situations like diabetes, and if practitioners like Eye CU BULK BILL, why wouldn’t you get your eyes tested? For giving up 30 minutes of your life, you could save your sight and stop blindness with the right management strategies!
You need to bring anything which will help us give you the best and most comprehensive eye examination you’ve ever had, including…
- Any relevant medical records
- Your previous prescription or old glasses, including full time, reading or sun glasses
- Any previous reports from an Optometrist or Eye Specialist
- Medication List
- Contact lenses (bring in the boxes or blister packs if possible or a prescription)
Do You Use Those Annoying Drops?
Yes and no, it all depends on your eyes. As you age, the drops become more important to use, but much of our equipment does not require those horrible drops. Basically, if we can avoid them safely and still do a good job caring for your eyes, we will. However, we may use a short term drop that will not affect your vision for a day when measuring the pressure in your eyes.
Will You Push Me into Glasses I Don’t Want? Will You Give Me Options?
NEVER! Darin says, “MY job is not to sell a certain number of glasses in a day, it is to serve you. I refuse to push you into anything! Instead, I will lay out all the treatment possibilities before you, and enable you to choose the one you want.” Any he’ll do it all within your budget.
What If I am on a Pension?
Many of our patients are on pensions, and they comment that have previously felt overlooked by Optometrists. That won’t happen at Eye CU, because we believe in the worth of every person, young and old, rich and poor. So we offer everything from up-market lenses to Government issue pension glasses through MASS. Alternatively, we also have care package glasses which are far higher quality than the government ones, but very inexpensive. If you have private health insurance, we can also design glasses at no gap (or at worst, a very small gap) payments.